Brackenhill Primary School is committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout the school community. The Single Equality Act, which came into place on 1st October 2010 brought together the duties set out in Race, Disability and Gender policies into one single Equality Policy. The Single Equality Act combines the existing duties into one new Public Sector Equality Duty that covers all nine of the protected characteristics:
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
Our equality objectives are as follows:
- To promote equality and opportunity.
- To promote good relations between members of different racial, cultural and religious groups and communities.
- To eliminate unlawful discrimination.
- To recognise and tackle any form of inappropriate bias or stereotyping.
- To provide training for all staff and governors on equality and diversity.
- To ensure that all pupils receive a broad range of learning opportunities and experiences through our curriculum and through additional offers for all.